This song is one of the MANY bad-ass songs that I watched the Crossfitters working HARD to during the Games (and incase you haven’t seen the video, it’s really strange, and I thought I would share…). I remember standing under the punishing sun, whimpering a little bit, watching these people working as hard as they ever have, regardless of the heat (because unlike me, they are not a bunch of pansies who can’t even just STAND in the sun)…and then found myself full fledge “fence dancing” (I was leaning against a fence…:)) because EVERY SINGLE song that was played during the weekend was AMAZING!
Music has an interesting power, doesn’t it? You could be having a super “off” day, or even working pretty hard during your WOD, but then all of a sudden the right song comes on, and you’re like “OHHHH YEAH!!!!” and all of a sudden Fran has become your little bitch.
Since we are all here to improve and find ways to make working out a little easier…(at least some of you are looking for that, anyway) here are a few that do that for me:
- Rock that body by Black Eyed Peas
- Nasty Girl by Nitty (bonus if paired with “Nasty Girls”)
- Remember the name by Fort Minor
- Sexy and I know it by LMFAO
- My Chick Bad by Ludacris
- Anything Lil’ Wayne, Eminem, or could be categorized by “hate music” essentially …and apparently afer reviewing my list, I like songs that whisper sweet sublimitives to me that I am truly one bad-ass woman
So now is the fun part… let’s share! I want to know what songs really get you going HARD, and then we can make one BIG playlist that keeps us pushing our edge throughout all our workouts (sorry guys, but the random disco songs on the playlists at the gym are just no longer doing it for me :-p)
3, 2, 1….GO!